Monday, October 18, 2010

Wrestling

In high school I was involved in wrestling. You constantly had to watch your weight. You had to monitor absolutely everything that you consumed. The season before I was diagnosed with diabetes I showed up to an all day tournament having to cut my nails, hair, had to shave my face and was 1/2 lb overweight. Had to put on as many clothes as possible go to the "hot" room and run around in circles for awhile. Then go back to the locker room and hop on the scale in the nude. I successfully completed all those tasks and was able to wrestle that day.

When I had diabetes my coach told me not to concern myself with losing weight. What ever I weighed a spot would be found for me to fill. That was a relief. 1/2 lb weight loss hours before competition was not a fun experience.

During my high school wrestling career I wrestled every weight class from 130 - 189.

No comments:

Post a Comment