Saturday, October 9, 2010

Big Events

There are many things to think about when you have diabetes and are going to an event with an extreme concentration of people.

Waiting in line at a concession stand to correct a low blood sugar - not too fun.

Jumping up from your seat to go to the bathroom and wait in line because your blood sugar is too high - not too fun.

Either scenario you are missing the event.

If it is an outdoor event and the sun is beating down on you precautions need to be made to keep from frying your medication.


A couple of days ago I was trying to figure what I wanted to write about next. The idea came to me that I would write about how to handle "big events" in particular sporting events. A few hours later my older brother came home with two tickets to todays college football game. Very cool!

I had a great time. My younger brother is an alumnus so he was there as well. My blood sugar was in balance so I had no issues. The only challenge was that it was very hot and the sun was beating down on me all day. (Got a little red) Did not have a cooling system for my insulin. I took it out of my pocket put it under my seat and made sure it was in the shade all afternoon. Stayed at optimum temperature.

Had a great time watching football and spending time with my brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment