Saturday, October 23, 2010

Holiday Eating

I know that it is a little early to think about the upcoming holiday season but it is right around the corner.

I remember in my mid teenage years (before diabetes) Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday. I was a growing boy and I loved to eat. After diabetes, holiday parties became very stressful trying to avoid an extreme high blood sugar that would ruin my entire day. There are always plenty of high carbohydrate foods during the holidays. So I began to dislike this time of year.

In recent years I have begun to like the holiday season again. The extreme high blood sugar doesn't happen. That is for a number of reasons. I do not eat the same way I did as a teenager. I do not have the insatiable appetite. I also eat smaller amounts of the high carbohydrate foods. I have a good time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment